Many service providers and entrepreneurs should by now be aware of the fact that the Internet must be integrated into advertising and corporate representations, if they don’t want to get left behind by competitors. Today, a website is part of the basic elements of every company. It is, in fact, an online business card which is increasingly used by customers to obtain more information – with the free Exposé Yasni is already offering such an online business card for persons.
We want to show how to provide the most important details about the company and the product without focusing on online marketing too much.
Continue reading Web Content has to be Representative
Business cards are the quintessential way to ensure further contact after an interview. This way each person can be assigned to a “face” that allows the contact to bring up already discussed issues at the next opportunity. The difference between an “offline business card” and an “online business card” is becoming more and more crucial, due to the difference in maintaining contacts.
We show you how to successfully network with both versions and what else you should know. Here are the basics of offline business cards.
- The shape of business cards can basically be made in portrait or landscape format, but should never exceed the standard dimensions. This is the only way to collect or store cards in special boxes.
- Information is valuable and your card should be structured accordingly. It should focus on the most important data, i.e. the name and contact details (e-mail, mobile number, and, if necessary, office number). Present yourself up-to-date and be aware of latest trends, e.g. give a hint to your web profile via a QR code or a sub-domain as a creative element.
- Keep to your company’s corporate design and use the same spacing and pattern. Use a maximum of two fonts and don’t overload the card. This way contacts stay focused on the essential information. Your card also leaves a more serious impression by including a small graphic that is separated from the text by a white space.
- In sales it is often required to have the details in English, too. Please avoid misleading job titles. Rather describe bulky professions with the corresponding English equivalent.
- Don’t save expenses on the layout or print quality. False impressions could arise that result into irritating associations.
Continue reading Creating and Using Business Cards
We’ve all done it. An idle moment staring at the monitor and the thought pops into your mind, “I should Google myself.” It’s nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, figuring out what results you get when you search yourself online is a central aspect of learning how to market yourself and build your brand.
Many reputation-building sites focus on minimizing negative search results, but in fact it can be much more productive to emphasize building a personal brand by getting your name out there on the web in positive ways. Making yourself “Google-able” (if you will) means that you have successfully moored your professional identity to your search results. This benefits you in a few important ways.
When people can find the things about you that you want them to find through search engines, it builds your personal brand. For example, if the first things people see in search results about you are a portfolio website, your Yasni Exposé, your LinkedIn account, and activity on professional websites, they can see that you are active as a professional and within your discipline. This makes you look more credible to people who are seeking your professional services.
Continue reading Why Search Results = Free Marketing