These are the top 10 keywords for people search on yasni.com in the last month. It`s an interesting mix of keywords concering occupations, cities, skills and other current issues. Yasni is very pleased that more and more people are using our free people search for finding interesting people and new contacts on the internet. On the other hand, more and more people organize their web links, profiles and images with our free Yasni Exposé. With the Exposé you ensure your best impression on new employers, partners or business contacts alike. And with Yasni Exposé Promotion, you and your services will be prominently visible when users are searching by names and keywords!
Have you read the new Pew Internet-Report “Reputation Management and Social Media”? There are really some interesting facts in it and we would like to share it with you. The key finding of the report is, that people search and online reputation management are already very important tools for a big part of the internet users – especially the young. Monitoring the digital footprints of others has also become much more common. So, it’s important to show yourself the right way on the internet…and a free Yasni Exposé can help you with that!
Here are the key facts of the Pew Internet-Report:
- 57% of adult internet users use search engines to find information about themselves online, up from 47% in 2006.
- 46% of internet users search online to find information about people from their past, up from 36% in 2006.
- 38% have sought information about their friends, up from 26% in 2006.
- 44% of online adults have searched for information about someone whose services they seek in a professional capacity.
- 31% of employed internet users have searched online for information about co-workers, professional colleagues or business competitors, up from 23% in 2006.
- 16% of all internet users have looked online for more information about someone they were dating or in a relationship with, up from 9% in 2006.
- 40% of internet users say they have been contacted by someone from their past who found them online, up from 20% who reported the same in 2006.
Lately there have been some quite interesting announcements and discussions around some of our contenders in the people search engine market. We here at Yasni feel like it’s about time we clarified a few points with regards to recent developments, for example…