15. May 2013
There is no doubt about the importance of a good reputation. It is important for your private life as well as for your job and career. In this context, the Internet can both be helpful and damaging. On one hand, negative information about oneself can hardly be deleted from the net, because there is no right to be forgotten on the Internet. On the other hand, the own professional development can be supported in a positive way with the help of the Internet, for example through appropriate measures of self-portrayal.
But how can you maintain your good reputation? The good reputation is not limited to the Internet, but also applies to the professional life and even to your love life. Regarding the love life, a good reputation certainly is beneficial.
An important statement has been currently made by U.S. scientists, more specifically by anthropologists from the University of Missouri:
„If you wish to have a good reputation, then help more people. Don’t help one and the same person too often.” read more »
22. January 2013
Nowadays, in many professions it is important to protect your reputation on the Internet and to pursue a successful Online Reputation Management. Anyone who wants to get ahead in his profession must learn to sell his offer and strengths properly. Therefore, active self-marketing is becoming increasingly important for the career.
- Develop charisma: Without a fixed and motivating goal your aura and charisma is lost.
- Be aware of your life balance: Bring your professional goal in accordance with your personal priorities in life.
- How does your boss profit from your success? Be aware of your strengths, capability, and the resulting benefit for your employer.
- Admit mistakes, accept help: To admit mistakes is an important part of social competence. Of course, to learn from those mistakes is essential as well.
- Don’t be a Mr. Know-it-all: Be critical, but remain open to good arguments and show a willingness to learn.
- Don’t accept authoritarian behavior of superiors: Remain true to yourself and don’t accept a work environment dominated by fear and pressure.
- Use attractiveness: Every person is attractive in his own unique style and should use it for the career.
- Only do what you really love to do: Professional success should be achieved with fun and ease, not with great difficulty.
- Remain authentic: Credibility means to make the right decisions based on experiences.
- Be an active dialogue partner: Listen carefully, ask questions, and read between the lines.
3. January 2013
As in real life, people, companies, and trademarks rely on a good reputation. Even the smallest information and half-truths spread very fast and can be found everywhere on the internet. A good Online Reputation can be damaged within seconds by a displeased business competitor or just a “nice” friend.
The following tools and measures help to quickly check and, if necessary, to improve your own Online Reputation. read more »