31. August 2012
According to Wikipedia, Cyberstalkers (cyberbullies/cyberharrasers) “threaten a victim’s earnings, employment, reputation and/or safety using things like Weblogs, industry forums or boards and commercial Web sites.
One of the ways you can protect yourself online is to be active on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. If you use these tools to build your reputation, to help those in need and show that you genuinely care about others, people will soon begin to trust and depend on you. Then, if someone tries to blacken your reputation or write untrue stories about you, your friends and contacts can leap to your defense.
Another way is to add yourself to people search and reputation management tools, such as www.yasni.ca .
This new tool, launched in 2008, states “So many people are unaware of what personal information is actually available on the Internet, and Yasni offers a fun and exciting way of keeping track of your own and others online reputation.”.
By searching for your profile online, you can see what type of content leads directly to you that people might be using in their efforts to harass you.
5. August 2010
The Pew Internet-Report showed us, how people monitor their own reputation on the web. It is a well know fact, that people search and online reputation management are already very important tools for a big part of the internet users. If you want to achieve a good reputation on the internet, you have to show yourself the right way on the internet – and a free Yasni Exposé can help you with that!
For example, the Yasni Exposé of Mehmet Yildiz:
The Exposé helps you to organize your web links, profiles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, …) and images to ensure your best impression to people who are searching for you via Yasni, Google, Bing or Yahoo. With the Exposé, you decide which results are the preferred ones for your name and which are not. You set yourself apart from other people with the same name and show the world what’s important to you.
In this way, you can actively manage your reputation and your credibility, because people who are looking for your name will be directed to your Yasni Exposé! Because of that, you can make contact with people you know or you can also acquire new business partners!
21. July 2010
Have you read the new Pew Internet-Report “Reputation Management and Social Media”? There are really some interesting facts in it and we would like to share it with you. The key finding of the report is, that people search and online reputation management are already very important tools for a big part of the internet users – especially the young. Monitoring the digital footprints of others has also become much more common. So, it’s important to show yourself the right way on the internet…and a free Yasni Exposé can help you with that!
Here are the key facts of the Pew Internet-Report:
- 57% of adult internet users use search engines to find information about themselves online, up from 47% in 2006.
- 46% of internet users search online to find information about people from their past, up from 36% in 2006.
- 38% have sought information about their friends, up from 26% in 2006.
- 44% of online adults have searched for information about someone whose services they seek in a professional capacity.
- 31% of employed internet users have searched online for information about co-workers, professional colleagues or business competitors, up from 23% in 2006.
- 16% of all internet users have looked online for more information about someone they were dating or in a relationship with, up from 9% in 2006.
- 40% of internet users say they have been contacted by someone from their past who found them online, up from 20% who reported the same in 2006.